Description: The B.C. Teachers’ Federation has asked the B.C. Labour Relations Board to overturn the appointment of a mediator in their dispute with the provincial government.
Source: The Victoria Times Colonist
- B.C. Labour Relations Board
- Earlier update
- B.C. Teachers’ Federation
- B.C. Ministry of Education
- B.C. Public School Employers’ Association
- Bill 22, the Education Improvement Act
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the BCTF’s argument in favour of overturning the mediator’s appointment.
- What is the government’s response?
- What is Dr. Jago’s response?
- Who do you think has the strongest case?
- Review your text’s section on labour boards. Given what you know, do you think the B.C. LRB has the power to overturn the appointment? Explain.