Description: Federally regulated employers say Ottawa’s intervention in several Air Canada disputes may hurt both unions and employers in the long run.
Source: The Globe and Mail
- “Lisa Raitt comes out swinging” – Maclean’s
- Federally Regulated Employers – Transportation and Communications
- Lisa Raitt
- Ian Lee, Carleton University
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- George Smith, Queen’s University
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the arguments made in this article.
- What do you think about Mr. Ferrell’s arguments?
- What do you think about Ms. Raitt’s arguments?
- Do you agree with Dr. Lee that Ottawa is looking after the “greater public good”?
- Why or why not?