Description: Air Canada claims a higher than normal number of pilots have booked off sick in the wake of back-to-work legislation and is asking the Canada Industrial Relations Board to step in.
- Earlier update
- Postmedia story
- Prof. Fiona McQuarrie discusses the Air Canada and B.C. teachers disputes (starts at 0:35)
- Ottawa and the right to strike
- Canada Industrial Relations Board
- Air Canada
- Air Canada Pilots Association
Questions for discussion:
- What does Air Canada want the Canada Industrial Relations Board to do?
- What is the pilots’ response to the airline’s claims?
- What is the role of the Canada Industrial Relations Board?
- If pilots are booking off sick in higher than usual numbers, do you think this is an understandable response to back-to-work legislation?
- Why or why not?