Description: Teachers in B.C. are planning protests in the face of a provincial government plan to legislate an end to their job action.
- Victoria Times-Colonist story
- Vancouver Sun column
- Earlier update
- B.C. Teachers’ Federation
- B.C. Ministry of Education
- B.C. Public School Employers’ Association
Questions for discussion:
- What was the outcome of the government fact finder’s inquiry?
- Why, according to Vancouver Sun columnist Vaughn Palmer, did the government appoint the fact finder?
- What alternative to a legislated resolution is the Teachers’ Federation proposing?
- Why would the teachers favour such a step?
- Why would the government favour a legislated resolution?