Description: Halifax transit workers have voted nearly unanimously in favour of striking if an agreement with the city cannot be reached by Feb. 2.
Source: The Halifax Chronicle Herald
- CBC story
- Canadian Labour Reporter story
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 508
- City of Halifax Metro Transit
- Collective agreement (pdf)
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the issues in this dispute.
- What is the key issue?
- What did the employer do almost immediately after contract negotiations began?
- What is the meaning of this move? (Consult your text.)
- Why do you think the employer took that action at that time?