Description: The B.C. Labour Relations Board has dismissed an application by school employers to force teachers to fill out report cards, as a contract dispute continues.
Source: The Victoria Times-Colonist
- CBC story
- Story on talks breaking off
- Labour Relations Board decision (pdf)
- B.C. Teachers’ Federation
- B.C. Public School Employers’ Association
Questions for discussion:
- What, exactly, did the employer ask the B.C. Labour Relations Board to do?
- Why are teachers refusing to fill out report cards?
- Why did the board dismiss the employer’s application?
- Do you agree with the reasoning?
- Why or why not?
- What effect do you think this application and the decision will have on negotiations?